Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Day!

We woke at the crack of 7am, and M. trudged off to the mechanic's to get the flat tire changed. Exciting start to the day. Printed out 6 maps, set the navigation, crossed fingers. Amazingly enough, we didn't get lost on the way there. (last time we'd taken the train)

Emily recognized us as soon as we walked in--she was hyper and frisky, bouncing around and wagging her little tail. We said goodbye to her old family, and all the drive home, she was still curious puppy. Digging in her box, chewing on the plastic bag, zipper on my coat, her terry toy, her chew toy, and crawling out of the box continually, and up my coat.
She didn't potty in the box. When we got home, she was introduced to her collar, the evil thing she tried scratching off to no avail. So intent was she on this new menace that she ignored the first potty time. Then fell asleep in M.'s lap:
Woke up after 10 minutes, and ran around trying to get rid of her collar, drank water, refused to potty again, then fell asleep on my lap. My foot, then my whole fell asleep.
This time, she slept deeper, so I could move her to her box. (her crate is still en route from Germany)
I know what 엄마 is thinking: I want to wash that puppy! (I picked the 덜 꾸질꾸질 pics)
Now she's wearing something my friend Yoshi had sent me a couple of years ago. A pennant for Emily, the Kim Puppy.
[eta]
1) 1/2 pee accident b/c I didn't recognize the signs of desperate puppy
2) 2nd pee (4:40) + 1st poo (5pm): outside! success!
3) 1st grooming: soaking then clipping butt hairs that had bits of old dried poo stuck on them.
4) 1st weigh in: 980 g
5) 1st meal: at 7:30 pm, 20g Orijen Puppy
6) 2nd potty (both): at 8:40 pm
7) already used to me bugging her: wiped away some tear goo, which she avoided at first, then fell asleep on.