Monday, May 11, 2009

! Catastrophes !

1. Today

While I was in the bathroom, Emily jumped up on the coffee table and made away with one of the chocolate discs in the silver butter dish.

When I came back she was munching on it in her corner.

CHOCOLATE IS TOXIC TO DOGS (and CATS!).

I've been frantically trying to remember how many discs were in the dish -- dound the other 3 under the sofa later. Turned out she ate 1/3~ 1/2 of a thin chocolate disc.

One ounce of milk chocolate to one pound of body weight is clinically toxic. As Emily is 7 pounds and ate probably 0.1 ounces of milk chocolate, I think we're in the clear.

But man, must be more vigilant. (another white hair for H.)

2. Yesterday

I had to adjust the Halti three times (size 0 is too small for Emily). I'd snipped off mistakes and sewed two more strips together to make it fit her little head. Sitting in the corner of our stairwell, I was distracted, and had left the needle on the steps. 3 hours later, going up the stairs, the needle was waiting for me, and went right through my 2nd toe.

I screamed to bring the house down, but immediately after 1. "ow ow" and 2. "stupid stupid me!" I thought, 3. "thank God it wasn't Emily who stepped on it."

Another white hair.

[Pish, that means I could have finished that nummy with no harm done, Mommy!]